Public Sector Engagement Manager – Amazon Business | (JZ-800)Pubblicato il 08-09-2020 - Amazon EU SARL (Italy Branch) in Milano Provincia
- University degree, analytical qualification or background preferred
- Knowledge of B2B procurement in the public sector. Ideally some exposure to selling to public sector procurement, most critically:
- Successfully issuing, securing or selling through framework agreements
- Successfully securing contracts by responding to tenders or requests for quotations
- Experience in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment with significant ambiguity (e.g. a high-growth business, top-tier consultancy) with a track record of success in roles of increasing responsibility
- Experience of interacting with senior executives and a proven ability to develop strong and collaborative working relationships and influence others to achieve outstanding results
- Excellent writing skills – in particular writing sales and tender response documents, framing new business opportunities for approval, and reporting results
- Strong analytical capability
- Ability to lead and organize others
Amazon is dedicated to innovating on behalf of business customers. At Amazon Business, we are focused on building the world’s most customer-centric B2B marketplace. We build solutions to enable business customers to discover, research, and purchase products from a competitive marketplace with a vast selection across multiple devices and regions, and with an increasing array of customer-centric features and integrations. Since our launch in 2018 in Italy, we have built a sizable customer base from small companies, to FTSE-MIB large enterprises in a wide range of industries.
At Amazon Business (AB) Public Sector Engagement Lead help public organizations transform how they view and manage spend and best utilize AB for purchasing needs. Engagement Leads influences at top level and work with procurement entities to include Amazon Business as a key part of purchasing strategies, tools, and processes. Engagement Leads are experts in AB solutions and they structure programs that incorporate AB solutions into existing purchasing processes and/or develop new processes to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
This person will enjoy delivering results in our public sector business and play an important role in shaping Amazon Business’s public sector strategy.
Roles and responsibilities:
- build Public sector industry knowledge to AB, define the country strategy.
- Identify public sector customer functional requirements and contribute to designing technology features to meet them
- Build our public sector business in Italy by securing framework agreements, and working with a sales team to identify and secure tender opportunities
- Lead on the creation of tender response documentation
- Design internal processes to scale a team to respond to opportunities at high-velocity
- Lead commercial and contractual negotiations with counterparties on larger opportunities
- Develop deep and broad relationships internally and with public sector organizations to support our go-to-market and uncover new opportunities
- Drive and accelerate spend adoption through advising Customers on best practices for using Amazon Business solutions
- Oversee program execution including project scheduling and timely delivery across multiple and concurrent work streams
- A deep understanding of public sector regulation and requirements in Italy
- A proven experience in working with public entities
- Exposure to online sales, B2B procurement technology and/or purchasing integrations
- MBA from a top-tier university
- English fluency required