[ME65] Early Life-Cycle ManagerPubblicato il 08-09-2020 - Amazon EU SARL (Italy Branch) in Italia
Basic qualifications · Degree in Engineering (any field) or a related field from an accredited university or substantial experience in Engineering leadership role. ( Two years’ experience in Amazon RME leadership role)
- Experience in the job of Reliability Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, or related discipline
- Hands-on experience in material handling systems (MHS) installation, operation and maintenance
- Experience and knowledge of modern CMMS and preventive / predictive maintenance techniques
- Familiarity of analytical techniques
- Experience in budget management including ROI analysis to build complex business cases
- Experience teaching, mentoring,
- Working knowledge of diverse MHS and OEM’s
- Established project manager at a leadership level
- Ability to lead others in a technical role and interact with all levels of management
- Experience using MS Excel, MS Project, and MS Power Point
- Ability to review and manipulate data in Excel across multiple data sources.
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time
- Fluency in English required. A plus is speaking other EU languagesU languages
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, smart, and driven people. Amazon is seeking an Equipment Launch Manager to work within the EU Reliability Maintenance Engineering team (RME). Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. Come join us as we shape the future of customer fulfilment.
The position will focus on the early Life cycle management of equipment and support the entire network managed by EU RME, which may include non-EU locations (such as Singapore, Australia and Japan) and will have a strong focus on our core principles of innovation, bias for action, and ownership.
Description The EU Early Lifecycle Manager (ELM) is a member of the EU RME leadership team and has accountability & ownership of EU wide Early equipment life activities. Focusing on reliability and maintainability they are responsible for developing and leading RME processes to support innovation and drive design improvements in emergent technology from prototype through to deployment while also supporting the planning and delivery of Green field sites. Constantly aiming for safety, better equipment uptime, efficiency, cost management, quality, customer satisfaction, and ultimately profitability within Amazon. They will work closely with technology developers, the central reliability team and operational sites to deliver robust equipment to our network.
Key activities for this position will include;
Lead RME input for development of Building templates and specification and site specific composites.
Create and manage module designs used to plan and execute green field buildings
Lead continuous improvement for all new buildings including cross functional change management and procurement.
Develop launch processes and plans to improve performance of the reliability team on launch sites.
Manage the expansion and execution of the RME qualification process including vendor feedback.
Ensure RME policies and launch activities are aligned.
Work closely with our R&D; team to improve equipment through design reviews, FMEAs and effective feedback off operational performance.
Development of base line Planned Maintenance (PMs)program
Seek opportunities for the implementation of advanced maintenance methods
Creation of appropriate equipment KPIs to manage development and operational needs.
Ensure emerging technology is implemented in EAM from day 1(our CMMS)
Support the development of initial training packages for the RME team for new equipment.
Specify and coordinate standards and deliverables for new equipment being turned over to RME.
Understand the anticipated life cycle cost based on initial design and planned design improvements.
Partner with North America to leverage WW experience.
Manage relevant stake holder relationships at an EU and World Wide level.
Prepare reports for communication at a senior level.
About our rewards We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount. Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Preferred qualifications · Masters degree in Engineering (any field) or a related field from an accredited university.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies.
- Experience of technical program management
- MBA, advanced degrees, and/or Black Belt certification(s)
- Proven record of expert communication skills & experience in managing multiple projects at once