[UIA680] | Postdoctoral candidate in the field of human population geneticsPubblicato il 02-10-2020 - EURAC in Bolzano Provincia
- To perform the bioinformatic analyses of the genomic data produced during the project
- To construct comparative genomic datasets (from ancient and present-day populations)
- To make the statistical analyses of the genomic data, including classical population genetic analyses, simulations to test different hypotheses on demographic scenarios and, application of fine-scaled analytical methods.
- To interpret and summarize the results in peer-reviewed publications
- PhD degree in population genetics, statistical genomics, bioinformatics or related fields
- Solid background in computational and statistical skills with expertise in genomic analyses of data from ancient and modern samples
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a team and in an interdisciplinary environment
We offer two-years full-time Postdoc position, starting from January 2021 on. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in a stimulating multidisciplinary team composed by researchers from different fields and countries and, moreover, to collaborate with scientists from other national (University of Trento) and international (Uppsala University) institutions.
EURAC is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, including a brief description of main research interests; motivation letter; contacts of references; publications list) by 31.10.2020 to the following address:
Please mention in your E-mail the subject: Postdoc, PrehistoricAlps
Institute for Mummy Studies
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano