(KRT-634) - Director of Sales - W RomePubblicato il 05-11-2020 - W Hotels in Roma Provincia
Data di presentazione Nov 05, 2020
N. Posizione 20065897
Categoria la Posizione Vendite e marketing
Sede W Rome, 26/36 Via Liguria, Roma, Roma, Italia VISUALIZZA SULLA MAPPA
Brand W Hotels
Tipologia Tempo pieno
Tipo posizione Direzione
Inizi il suo viaggio con noi
Colori vivaci e lusso contemporaneo sono la cifra stilistica degli hotel W, che stravolgono completamente il concetto di hotel tradizionale. L'atteggiamento irriverente e il gusto dell'eccesso che ci caratterizzano ridefiniscono il divertimento del moderno jet set. L'appetito per le esperienze più straordinarie dei nostri ospiti li porta a chiedere di più, a sperimentare tutto e ad andare al massimo.
Condividiamo le passioni dei nostri ospiti e li guidiamo nella scoperta delle novità. La moderazione non è il nostro forte perché sappiamo che il gusto della vita richiede energia. I nostri ospiti mordono la vita e vivono ogni giorno secondo questo slogan: Detox.Retox.Repeat. Se vi sentite pronti a contribuire all'atmosfera energizzante degli hotel W che ogni giorno attirano gli ospiti più anticonformisti del mondo, vi invitiamo ad esplorare le opportunità di lavoro dei W Hotels.
The W Rome, a hotelbelonging to Marriott International is currently recruiting for a Director ofSales.
Reporting directly tothe General Manager, the position’s critical tasks are:
- Manages the development of a strategic accountplan for the demand generators in the market.
- Manages the property's reactive and proactivesales efforts.
- Aligns with the Director of Marketingcommunication activities based on need periods, booking patterns, feedermarkets, target customers.
- Provides customer intelligence in evaluatingthe market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy tomeet or exceed customer expectations.
- Reviews the Strategic Alignment Review (STAR)report, competitive shopping reports and uses other resources to maintain anawareness of the hotel’s market position.
- Researches competitor’s sales team strategiesto identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Attends sales strategy meetings to provideinput on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Manages sales team, decides on the accountdeployment.
- Serves as the sales contact for the General Manager,property leadership team and the Area Director of Sales & Distribution
- Serves as the sales contact for customers;serves as the customer advocate.
- Serves as hotel authority on sales processesand sales contracts.
- Serves as the property sales liaison with AreaSales, Group Sales, Revenue Management, Event Management and other hoteldepartments as appropriate.
- Participates in sales calls with members of theSales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executes and supports Marriott’s CustomerService Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
- Executes and supports the operational aspectsof business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customercorrespondence).
- Participates in and practices daily servicebasics of the brand (e.g., , Marriott Hotels and Resorts (MHR) Spirit to ServeDaily Basics.
- Implements a seamless turnover from sales tooperations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level ofservice.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guestissues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms tochannel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriatestakeholders.
- Maintains successful performance by increasingrevenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for theowner and Marriott International.
- Implements the brand’s service strategy andapplicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses onbuilding long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievementof the hotel’s’ sales objectives.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meetbusiness needs.
- Develops strong partnerships with localorganizations to further increase brand/product awareness.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholderrelationships
- Executes exemplary customer service to drivecustomer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoringtheir satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding theirneeds and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meettheir needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship andloyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the hotel’s primarytarget customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understandingtheir business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutionboth prior to, and during the program/event.
- Develops sales goals and strategies andverifies alignment with the brand business strategy.
- Executes the sales strategy in order to meetindividual booking goals for both self and staff.
- Coaches leaders of revenue generatingdepartments in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressivegoals that will drive the property's financial performance.
- Verifies Sales team understands and isleveraging Marriott International (MI) demand engines to full potential.
- Works with Human Resources, Engineering and LossPrevention to monitor compliance with local, state and federal regulationsand/or union requirements.
- Partners with Human Resources to attract,develop and retain the right people in order to support the strategicpriorities of the market.
- Creates effective structures, processes, jobsand performance management systems are in place.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reportsusing the Leadership Performance Process (LPP), aligns performance and rewards,addresses performance issues and holds staff accountable for successfulresults.
- Forecasts talent needs and manages talentacquisition strategy with Human Resources (HR) to minimize lost time due toturnover.
- Maintains an active list of the competition’sbest sales people and executes a recruitment and acquisition plan with HR.
- Supports tools and training resources toeducate sales associates on winning catering solutions.
- Champions leadership development and workforceplanning priorities by assessing, selecting, retaining and developing diverse,high-caliber talent that can lead the organization today and strengthen theleadership bench for the future; continues to upgrade the sales talent; workswith HR to anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans.
- Identifies, trains and mentors group salesassociates; utilizes all available on the job training tools for associates.
- Transfers functional knowledge and developsgroup sales skills of other discipline managers.
- Provides day-to-day leadership to salesassociates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility forachieving booking goals and property revenues.
- Evaluates the property’s participation in thevarious sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, Group Sales within the Sales Office,electronic lead channels, etc.) and develops strong working relationships toproactively position and market the property.
- Manages the marketing budget to enabledevelopment of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to driverevenue and meet property objectives.
Adaptability – Developsstrategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; modelsflexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in apositive way that encourages commitment.
Communication - Activelylistens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complexinformation in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point ofview, gain consensus, or take action.
Problem Solving andDecision Making - Models and sets expectations for solving complexproblems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives,considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others togain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
Professional Demeanor - Exhibitsbehavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makesa good first impression and represents the company in alignment with itsvalues.
Building andContributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a teamto move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesionand collaboration among team members.
Driving for Results - Focusesand guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
Planning and Organizing - Gathersinformation and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/orothers; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others toaccomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Coworker Relationships - Developsand uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of workgoals.
Customer Relationships - Developsand sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs andactions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Global Mindset - Supportsemployees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations,and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation,engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given theopportunity to contribute to their full potential.
GeneratingTalent and Organizational Capability
OrganizationalCapability- Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and workprocesses to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizationalunit.
Talent Management - Providesguidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills andabilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learningand Applying Professional Expertise
Applied Learning - Seeks andmakes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/orothers.
Business Acumen -Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employeeengagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manageeveryday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business andadministrative challenges.
Technical Acumen -Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specificfunctional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generateinnovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
Devising SalesStrategies and Solutions - Trying different and novel ways to deal withsales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developingsales strategies that appropriately consider available facts, constraints,competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
Sales Disposition -Energetic, proactive, takes calculated risks, and perseveres to attain goals.
Sales OpportunityAnalysis- Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial, industry, andorganizational data; accurately diagnosing customer needs and issues that caninform sales strategies.
Revenue Management - Knowledgeof total hotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies (includingsales cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventorymanagement).
Management of FinancialResources-Abilityto analyze Profit and Loss (P&L;) statements, develop operating budgets andrevenue goals, forecasting, and capital expenditure planning; determining howmoney will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for theseexpenditures.
BasicCompetencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic workactivities.
- Professional knowledge of Italian and Englishlanguage is a must.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computerhardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software,Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates abilityto add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way thatallows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability tolisten to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken wordsand sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstratesunderstanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writingas appropriate for the needs of the audience.
MarriottLuxury Brand Performance Behaviors
- Providesexcellent service, builds trust, anticipates and meets the needs of internal orexternal customers. Takes ownership of customer issues or problems and takesaction to bring to quick resolution.
- Usesconfident verbal and body language (smiles, stands up straight, makes eyecontact, firm hand shake) with a graceful and sophisticated delivery, alwaysusing guest/internal customer name
- Displayspride in professional image and behavior; understands how proper grooming,etiquette, hygiene impact the luxury guest experience; Complies with dress/uniformand brand grooming standards
- Exceedsexpectations in the resolution of guests’/internal customers’ issues
- Demonstratespride in knowledge of locale; looks for opportunities to share uniqueness ofour destination
- Demonstratesa commitment to protect the privacy, safety, and security of guests, eachother, and the hotel
- Respects andcomplies with the safety standards in the workplace as required by LegislativeDecree 81/2008 and subsequent amendments; Attends the mandatory coursesrequired as per Italian law as required by Legislative Decree 81/2008 andsubsequent amendments.
Explore our very big world
As aworld-class leader in the travel industry, there’s no better place thanMarriott International to make your mark. Joining us, you’ll get to entertainand meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. You’llfind a place where your personality and ideas are appreciated just as much asthe work you do. Moreover, you’ll grow through opportunities to explore thebusiness, opening yourself to various career options. If you have the naturalability to communicate and enjoy working with others, we welcome you to joinour global family.
You’re welcomed here
Our highestpriority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to knowyou’re important to us and that you’ll make an impact in your role, and forthat, you’ll be appreciated and valued.
Marriott International is an equal opportunityemployer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability,veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.