(LIY-207) - Senior UX Researcher - ERPPubblicato il 01-02-2021 - Oracle in Italia
All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world.
WHY ORACLE NETSUITE?
One word — Transformation .
At Oracle NetSuite, we believe the Cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers.
We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all.
Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile.
Oracle NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive the business forward.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO, Larry Ellison, and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg, Oracle NetSuite is used by more than 20,000 high-growth and midsized companies and divisions of large enterprises to run mission-critical operations without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
A family of Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, Developers, Test Automation Engineers and Technical Writers, sharing an enthusiastic work culture in our terrific offices across Redwood Shores (CA), Austin (TX), Kitchener-Waterloo (Canada), Brno (Czech Republic), and Barcelona (Spain).
We believe the greatest and simplest solutions come from a group effort. We move forward by bridging Experience Design with Product Management and Engineering at every step of the problem definition and product development.
We pursue innovative ways of building user-centered solutions that scale over time; We think out of the box and spend a lot of time brainstorming.
We work using Agile methodologies and MVP approaches.
We proudly practice Design Thinking and iterate our solutions based on customer feedback and technical feasibility.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join the Oracle NetSuite ERP product team.
You will work with a cross-functional team to deliver against a roadmap, drive research strategy, and execute both strategic and tactical research at all stages of the end to end design and development process. Your success will be measured by the outcomes of your research and not just research output.
You will be part of a global UX research team that supports many product areas across the NetSuite organization while being embedded within the ERP organization. The research team is a team of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods experts and product design experts. Our backgrounds may vary but we all share some common attributes - we are curious, empathetic, data-driven, love looking for patterns in data, and are passionate about improving the NetSuite experience for the people we design for. Being connected with like-minded research practitioners will enable you to uplevel your own research skills and also give you an opportunity to build the global research practice and influence other research peers.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to determine research strategy as well as a plan for executing tactical research.
- Propose, plan, execute, and deliver user research at various stages of the development lifecycle, including formative and generative research, validation research and measurement of final product experiences.
- Collaborate with the experience design team and product management to help establish a strong research methodology and process for the Platform team.
- Educate team members on best practices and enable teams to explore basic research activities on their own.
- This is a very hands-on role and includes data collection, data synthesis and analysis, and delivery of findings and recommendations, as well as managing some participant recruitment.
- Contribute to the development of a global research practice.
- Degree in the field of Psychology, HCI, Human Factors, Usability Engineering or related field (advanced degree is a plus)
- At least 3-5 years’ experience doing user research, preferably in the Enterprise domain. Experience with supply chain, financials, services or other ERP applications is a plus.
- Extensive experience designing, planning, and executing different types of research and usability testing activities such as interviews, customer visits, requirements gathering activities, survey research, and formative and summative usability evaluations. Experience with survey design and analysis, experimental design, design sprints, storytelling or media/film editing or production is a plus.
- Ability to creatively come up with appropriate research and usability methods for given research questions.
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative. Ability to self-direct and manage what to work on, how to get it done, and when to deliver
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple high-profile projects in a fast-paced organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Flexibility to work with geographically distributed teams.
- Expertise with evaluative research and associated methodologies is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Agile environment – Start-up culture backed by a strong enterprise
- English-speaking environment and international team
- Strong professionals around you that will help to accelerate your growth
- High-impact learning culture: free access to online learning platform and regular in-house training sessions
- Flexible working hours
- Other benefits depending on location
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
:Ireland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Italy: