[UJ-706] | Battery Application EngineerPubblicato il 02-02-2021 - BorgWarner in Lugo
- Technically lead the evaluation of feasibility and technical inputs of EV opportunities with major EU OEMs (German, Italian, …).
- Drive the technical review of customer RFQs along-side the Technical Sales process
- Accountable for timely delivery of technical inputs required for customer-facing requests
- Provide professional, cognizant technical expertise of the company’s battery systems in customer discussions
- Generate risk assessments of all incoming opportunities as they differ from standards and recommendations
- Establish requirements for new opportunities and support transition to product group
- Prepare regular reports on market needs and competitor technologies
- Attend trade shows and workshops to maintain a strong foothold in market for the company
- Be a technical voice of customer inside of company: represent the customer's technical interests at all internal meetings
- Support regular reviews between clients and internal management for their engagements and products
- Support marketing and sales team in generating technical material representing new product
Based in Europe with travel to customer sites in Europe, in addition to travel to Los Angeles quarterly for in person meeting with the engineer teams. In addition, there is opportunity to spend the first 2 or 3 months of the job in Los Angeles for training.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in customer-facing roles, in the field of Lithium Ion Battery Systems
- Automotive, electric vehicle sector and technology products experience
- Deep understanding of the state of industry in High Voltage Battery Systems for Electric Vehicles
- Previous experience presenting to customers
- Fluent in Italian and English.
Preferred Qualifications – Core Competency
- Master’s degree
- Experienced in working with European car OEMs on the development of engineered battery products
- Understanding of Battery System homologation requirements, standards, compliance testing, and qualification
- Proven leadership capability of both teams and customers
- Analytical problem solving, critical thinking, and hands-on approach
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Solid understanding of the multi-disciplinary management of technical information and gathering this information from technical sources to be relayed in a simple manner
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for the team
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to work and keep constant communication with engineering team located in Los Angeles
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and written
- Deep understanding of lithium-ion battery technology behavior, system integration, module and pack design, in addition to general understanding of battery management system algorithms.
Internal Use Only: Salary