(A-034) | Buyer IndirectsPubblicato il 25-03-2021 - Smiths Group in Genova Provincia
Location: EMEA, Italy, Genoa
Job Function: Product
The key purpose of the role is to provide procurement expertise to the business across all divisional sites within the EMEA region, to ensure that all 3rd party indirect purchases and requirements:
- Deliver maximum cost value, risk management and competitive advantage to the business
- Align with and optimise existing procurement strategies and preferred suppliers
- Align to Procurement best practice, processes and company policies, providing an efficient and effective service to its end-users.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand Procurements global and regional strategies and how the role impacts it
- Assist in the execution and management of the key procurement processes, policies, and systems, to ensure compliance to Smiths procurement and business policies.
- Fully optimise existing procurement category strategies and approved suppliers
- Local requirements are sourced and negotiated in an efficient and effective manner to meet the defined business requirements & goals.
- Design, implement and manage, sourcing strategies for areas of spend within the EMEA region where regional or global strategies do not currently exist:
- Aligning them to the business or functional stakeholder strategies & objectives
- Delivering sustainable cost and business benefits
- Approved vendor lists (AVL) of suppliers the sites can purchase from
- Ensure that all suppliers selected through the RST sourcing processes are compliant with Smiths policies and the SES Procurement handbook.
- Conduct procurement activities in accordance with stated global and regional processes and policies.
- Ensure transparency, accuracy and consistency of data in the purchasing information systems
- Manage accurate and on time functional and business reporting against agreed procurement performance metrics
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Procurement buying ideally within the environment of, Indirect procurement, multi country, multi-site and the Industrial manufacturing sector
- Able to develop and execute sourcing events.
- Experience of managing the end to end Purchase to Pat (P2P) process within an enterprise level system i.e. SAP, Oracle, Glovia
- Able to develop and execute supplier negotiation plans
- Problem and issue management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in English with an international mind set
- A conversational standard second language in one or all of French, German or Italian would be beneficial but not mandatory.
- Able to use data to create insight and drive effective decision making.
- Self-starter and can navigate a complex multi-functional matrix team environment.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Group
Smiths Group plc is a global entity with 5 distinct trading Divisions. Smiths Business Information Services, commonly known as "BIS," is Smiths Group's internal IT organisation, supporting the Group's business divisions and corporate centre. Key priorities include delivery of all day to day IT services, development of new IT solutions and services and helping colleagues protect the company’s information assets.