[HT859] | Safety ManagerPubblicato il 25-03-2021 - DB Schenker in Firenze Provincia
DB Schenker is the world’s leading global logistics provider — we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world’s most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Position Description Summary: Plans, implements,
and coordinates all Safety and Workers Compensation Programs to reduce or eliminate job injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial losses.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Develops accident-prevention and loss-control systems and programs for incorporation into operational policies of the organization.
- Monitors workers’ compensation program to ensure cost containment, compliance with existing law and to provide adequate service to employees. Maintains liaison with legal counsel, physicians, hospitals and clinics and effects contracts for appropriate services.
- Establishes and maintains a modified work program for employees with restrictions.
- Schedule and oversee the company’s safety committee.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910 regulations as well as local and state regulatory compliance, and will provide interpretation and guidance of these regulations.
- Manage and be a member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Establish organization-wide standards and best practices including developing policies, procedures, and workflows for safety.
- Plan, organize, direct and control activities to ensure delivery of all Health & Safety plan objectives and targets.
- Work closely with operations to identify risks and develop / implement a control methodology for these risks.
- Ensure regulatory reports are completed accurately, and reviewed thoroughly and submitted on time.
- Continuously identifies, assesses, and reduces/eliminates Health & Safety risk.
- Investigates all accidents and injuries; recommends and/or coordinates corrective actions.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel): This is a management position. Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and both written and oral communication skills required. Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related field preferred. Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience leading a safety program and/or managerial level experience within operations.
Chancengleichheit und selbstbestimmte Teilhabe Schwerbehinderter und Gleichgestellter sowie eine respektvolle Zusammenarbeit sind innerhalb des DB Konzerns fest verankerte Grundsätze. Deshalb werden schwerbehinderte Bewerber bei gleicher Eignung bei bevorzugt berücksichtigt.