[JQK-568] - CONTRACT SPECIALISTPubblicato il 28-08-2022 - JobLeads in Napoli
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement for federal employees pursuant to Executive Order 14043 does not currently apply. Some jobs, however, may be subject to agency- or job-specific vaccination requirements, so please review the job announcement for details. Click here for more information.
You will serve as a Contract Specialist in the Contracting Department of NAVSUP FLC SIG GF.
Locality pay is not authorized overseas.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position. Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Yes—Relocation expenses (i.e. PCS) for candidates outside of the commuting area are authorized in accordance with applicable travel regulations and Department of Navy Policy.
Relocation incentives as described in 5 USC 5753 may be authorized in accordance with applicable command policy.
Current permanent employees of DoD, Former permanent federal employees, VEOA eligibles, and 30% disabled veterans.
- You will direct a full range of procurement pre-award and post-awards functions to include drafting and issuing solicitations, negotiations, source selection, contract award, contract modifications and contract closeout.
- You will evaluate price, terms, and conditions as well as preparation of price negotiation memorandums pursuant to limitations and scope of basic contracts or agreements.
- You will conduct procurement or contract negotiations or procurement/contract discussions that result in mutually acceptable outcomes (e.g., contract modifications, supplementary agreements, and settlements form change orders).
- You will develop source selection criteria for contracts in accordance with organizational policies.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This is an overseas position. You will be subject to and must be able to satisfy the overseas requirements of the 26Jul12 DODI 1400.25 V1230: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/140025v1230.pdf
- This position may require travel to places within and outside the contiguous United States which could include remote or isolated sites. You may be required to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- If eligible for permanent change of station, the appointee will be required to sign a transportation agreement to establish a Government time in service requirement of 12 months.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport.
- May be required to obtain a VISA dependent on the overseas country's laws/regulations.
- You will be required to sign the Statement of Understanding for Overseas Employment acknowledging receipt and understanding of the statement of living and working conditions for this location.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per the preliminary nationwide injunction on E.O. 14043, COVID-19 vaccinations will not be implemented or enforced. For more information on vaccine status and workplace safety protocol requirements see Additional Information below.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). You must be certified as a Career Field Contracting Level II. Certification is required within 24 months of appointment.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
- Work is mostly sedentary, but there is some walking and climbing required during visits to contractor facilities and US Navy ships or vessels undergoing repair. There is occasional walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, or driving.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
In addition to the Basic Education Requirements for this position, your resume must also demonstrate at least one year specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Planning and carrying out both pre-award and post-award procurement actions utilizing a wide range of contracting methods and contract types; 2) Administering contracts, such as firm fixed-price; fixed-price with economic price adjustment provisions covering government decrees on wages, fringe benefits and materials; time and materials contracts; and labor-hour contracts; 3) Negotiating prices, terms and conditions, contract modifications, and settlements involving the procurement of supplies and services; and 4) Assisting technical specialists/customers in the preparation of statements of work, planning of procurement strategies, and identifying potential contractors or sources. Note: This information must be supported in your resume to be considered for this position.Applicant must meet the following Department of Defense qualification requirements for 1102 contracting positions: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/DoD_Qualification_Standard_For_GS-1102.pdf And the title 10 requirements found here: http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title10-section1724#=0&edition;=prelim Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Education Requirement of the Department of Defense Qualification Standard for Contracting Positions:A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.NOTE: The education requirement listed above applies only to individuals entering DoD GS-1102 positions on or after October 1, 2000. Current civilian personnel in DoD who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000 are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current military members who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS (or equivalent) 1102 or before September 30, 2000 are also exempt from meeting this requirement. Applicants currently in the Contingency Contracting Force are also exempt from meeting this requirement.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTINUED:ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating in the highly qualified category (score 85) or higher. ICTAP candidates must provide copies of all of the following documentation at the time of application: 1) agency notice; 2) most recent performance appraisal; and 3) most recent SF-50 or notification of personnel action that includes position, grade level, and duty location. Applicants who do not provide this documentation will not receive consideration as an ICTAP candidate. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/
COVID VACCINATION INFORMATION: To comply with the recent preliminary nationwide injunction on Executive Order 14043, Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees, the Department of the Navy is not taking any action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. New hires will need to provide their vaccination status as well as comply with workplace safety protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf Tour of duty will be 36 months.Pay Retention will be extended to eligible Department of Defense employee who applies through a formal recruitment program and is selected for a position at an overseas location.Recruitment incentives may be authorized to eligible new hires.A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized..To learn more about the living and working conditions at this military installation and additional Foreign Overseas information, please go to: https://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Overseas/Pages/default.aspx Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- PREPARATION AND NEGOTIATION
- PROPOSAL EVALUATION (CONTRACTING BY NEGOTIATION)
- SOLICITATION OF OFFERS
- SOURCE SELECTION
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.All eligibility, qualifications, and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.